Dog owners across Bolsover District will have to adhere to new rules a new Dog Management Public Space Protection Order (PSPO) has been introduced.
The new measures have been put into place to help enforce responsible dog ownership in public spaces across the District following overwhelming support from a consultation exercise.
The Dog PSPO which will exclude dogs from entering play areas and ensure owners keep their pets on a lead on pavements and public roads.
The Order, which came into force across Bolsover District on 26 October 2020 includes the following requirements for owners:
- REMOVE your dogs’ poo immediately from all public places across the whole District.
- KEEP dogs out of all children’s play areas, Multi-Use Games Areas (MUGA) and gym equipment zones (apart from owners with assisted dogs).
- KEEP your dogs on a lead on a public road and pavement, pedestrianised areas, churchyards and cemeteries at all times.
- NO MORE than six dogs under your control at any one time.
- YOU MUST, whilst you are in charge of a dog, carry appropriate bag(s) or receptacle to remove their dog poo.
Further information can be found here: https://www.bolsover.gov.uk/latest-news/300-dog-management-pspo#:~:text=KEEP%20dogs%20out%20of%20all,control%20at%20any%20one%20time.